- Hotel ELIES
- Contact us
- Hotel ELIES location
- How to come to Hotel ELIES
- Out and around Hotel ELIES
- Rooms facilities and services
- Tips, Questions & Answers
- Photos of Hotel ELIES
- Kalymnos Island
- A brief presentation of Kalymnos
- Explore Kalymnos Island (map)
- Points of Interest on Kalymnos Island
- Beaches of Kalymnos
- Bus Stops & Taxi Stations
- Moving around Kalymnos
- Public Services at Kalymnos
- Sightseeing on Kalymnos
- Sports on Kalymnos
- Products, food and drinks of Kalymnos
- The Diving Heritage of Kalymnos Island
- Travel to Kalymnos
- Scuba Diving
- Prices & Offers
Dirlada - Dirladada
The sponge divers song that became a worldwide hit.
Everybody knows the song "Dirlada" since it was a worldwide hit at the beginning of 70ies. But only a few know that it is a sponge divers song from Kalymnos island.
It's career started when DOMNA SAMIOU, the Greek folklore music legend, discovered PANTELIS GHINIS, a sponge diver's boat captain, who sung it on a very special way and first recorded it.
Then it was recorded by DIONISIS SAVOPOULOS and became his best commercial hit. Our big musician NIKOS XILOURIS followed along with many Greek and foreigner musicians.
In the 70ies it became a worldwide hit mostly by DALIDA and it was danced for many years in clubs. The last version we found is a techno version in French. Considering the videos published in YouTube, this version seems to be very-very popular !
You can find various versions of Dirlada searching the internet. From here you can download:
- the "DIRLADA 5+4=9 PENTE KE TESSERA ENIA", a version of Dirlada before it becomes a hit.
- the first recorded "DIRLADA KE TEZA OLI" by PANDELIS GHINIS.
Dedicated to our friend YVAN who did not believe that Dirlada is coming from Kalymnos island and we promised to prove it to him.