- ELIES Homes
- Kalymnos Island
- A brief presentation of Kalymnos
- Explore Kalymnos Island (map)
- Points of Interest on Kalymnos Island
- Beaches of Kalymnos
- Bus Stops & Taxi Stations
- Moving around Kalymnos
- Public Services at Kalymnos
- Sightseeing on Kalymnos
- Sports on Kalymnos
- Products, food and drinks of Kalymnos
- The Diving Heritage of Kalymnos Island
- Travel to Kalymnos
- Scuba Diving
- Prices & Offers
The climbing history of Kalymnos Island
Kalymnos is a rocky island. People who live on Kalymnos island have nothing to do with rock climbing and always blamed these rocky mountains next to their door for their bad luck.
Kalymnos island was under Italian occupancy until 1947. There are rumors that "some crazy Italian soldiers" were spending their time climbing up and down the cliffs.
It was only at about 1996 that climbers discovered Kalymnos island. Since then Kalymnos island Greece became very famous and is now considered to be one of the best destinations worldwide for rock climbing.