- Kalymnos Island
- A brief presentation of Kalymnos
- Explore Kalymnos Island (map)
- Points of Interest on Kalymnos Island
- Beaches of Kalymnos
- Bus Stops & Taxi Stations
- Moving around Kalymnos
- Public Services at Kalymnos
- Sightseeing on Kalymnos
- Sports on Kalymnos
- Products, food and drinks of Kalymnos
- The Diving Heritage of Kalymnos Island
- Travel to Kalymnos
- Scuba Diving
- Prices & Offers
Koukouvas family - cheese and milk products at ELIES square
Koukouvas family is a shepherds family, living in Argos village, where they grow up sheeps and cows, and they operate a creamery specialized in traditional cheeses.
They sell their products in a small shop at ELIES square.
We strongly recommend that you try their tasty Kalymnian cheese varieties like "Mizithra" (soft white cheese) and "ladotyri" (yellow cheese), along with their own yogurt and "rizogalo" (rice pudding - a dessert made with milk and rice).
They also sell their own thyme honey and wild herbs collected from Kalymnos mountains, like oregano, "thrimbi" (a kind of oregano), "alisfakia" (local name of faskomilo - sage).