- Kalymnos Island
- A brief presentation of Kalymnos
- Explore Kalymnos Island (map)
- Points of Interest on Kalymnos Island
- Beaches of Kalymnos
- Bus Stops & Taxi Stations
- Moving around Kalymnos
- Public Services at Kalymnos
- Sightseeing on Kalymnos
- Sports on Kalymnos
- Products, food and drinks of Kalymnos
- The Diving Heritage of Kalymnos Island
- Travel to Kalymnos
- Scuba Diving
- Prices & Offers
UIAA Mountain Medicine Conference – Kalymnos 2015
Hotel ELIES will hold and support the Mountain Medicine Conference of the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA), from May 30 until June 1st 2015.
The conference is open to the public. Actually it is designed for the public. Climbers can attend it and benefit from the free specialized advices and first aid training!
Please let us know that you will come by the conference by submitting the form here.
1st day (Saturday, 30 May) – Technical Meeting of UIAA MEDCOM
- (09:00 – 13:00) Annual meeting of UIAA MEDCOM
- (20:30) Opening Ceremony & Welcome Drink
2nd day (Sunday, 31 May) – Mountain Medicine Conference
- (08:30 – 09:00) Registration
- (09:00 – 09:20) Altitude Physiology Rianne van der Spek
- (09:20 – 09:40) Acute Mountain Sickness-AMS Jalal Shahbazi
- (09:40 – 10:00) Overview over the results of the recent ADEMED-Expeditions Thomas Kuepper
- (10:00 – 10:20) Power Measurements on Sport Climbers Michael Michailov
- (10:20 – 11:00) Coffee Break
- (11:00 – 11:20) Going to Altitude with preexisting conditions David Hilledbrandt
- (11:20 – 11:40) Nutrition in Mountains Audry Morrison
- (11:40 – 12:00) Drug use and misuse in the mountains-Where medicine and politics meet. David Hilledbrandt
- (12:00 – 12:30) Caudwell Extreme Everest Expedition Sundeep Dhillon
- (12:30 – 13:30) Lunch Break
- (13:30 – 14:00) Accidents in the rocks Rescue team of Kalymnos
- (14:00 – 14:20) Mountain Medicine in Greece Alexandra Koukoutsi
- (14:20 – 14:40) Mountain Medicine in Iran Hamid Moasedian
- (14:40 – 15:00) Ice Climbing Competitions Evgeny Mashkovskiy
- (15:00 – 15:30) Key Note Speaker Buddha Basnyat Nepal Earthquake
- (20:30) Gala Dinner with traditional live music
3rd day (Monday, 01 June) – First Aid Courses
- (09:00 – 12:00) Mountain First Aid Hillebrandt Koukoutsi
- (12:00 – 16:00) BLS (CPR-AED Use) Koukoutsi
Everything scheduled above is in Hotel Elies with Greek (GMT+3) 24 hour time.
Contacts and links
- Visit the official site of the event and contact the organizer Mrs Koukoutsi Alexandra at: http://www.mountain-med.org/uiaa-mountain-medicine-conference-kalymnos-2015/
- See a brief presentation of the Medical Commission of UIAA at: http://www.theuiaa.org/medical-commission.html
- Contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
- Find out how to come to Kalymnos Island and how to come to Hotel ELIES
We support the conference with special rates and opening Hotel ELIES from Wednesday 25 May, instead of June 1st, especially for the participants.
Select the Room Type: UIAA Medical Commission when booking online. It is available from May 25 until June 19, so that participants can enjoy more days on Kalymnos Island.
First Aid & Rescue courses
Please contact Mrs Koukoutsi Alexandra to participate in a course and to discuss options for certification.